Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

thoughts and reality....

I'm in a Toastmasters' group at my work.  I'm the VP of PR and I'm on my 10th speech.  This speech is on Positive Thinking....turning negative self talk to positive.  So, I'm working on my speech and writing about how negative self talk can keep you from doing what you really want to do and it motivated me to go for a run.  I've been less motivated lately and reminding myself of what I do to make the run more fun got me going. So, what do I do to make my run more fun?  I use affirmations like...."I am one with the run" and "this is Fun"..."I am a runner"...and I force a smile while I'm running. Smiling is not the easiest when running... especially if nothing is making me laugh.  I also use the standard, "I can do this"...along with just knowing that I am running at 52 years old!  Ok...Ok...knowing that I have a flat tummy now that I am a runner is really quite the motivator especially when I was told that it's hard to lose weight as you age.  I say, start running.  I wasn't trying to lose weight, but I did.

So, anyway...thoughts and reality?  My thoughts that I had made my run easier today...and easier run was my reality.




No comments: