Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

A few months back I decided to run the Self Clean on my oven.  


I'd not done a self clean in an oven in years.  We don't bake that much, but it was ready for a cleaning. 


About half-way through I decided to read the directions.  


Remove racks???  Oh no!!!  I left them in.  I stopped the self clean, but by that time it was too late.  


Result -- Ash colored rack that don't slide in and out without sticking. 


Since we don't bake that often, we had not replaced them; but every time I open up the oven and see the result of my not reading the directions (or not intuitively knowing that I should remove the racks), I feel bad that I ruined our new oven. 


I ordered new racks today and should have them next week.  I can't wait!! Guilt be-gone!!

No comments: