Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Yesterday, we acquired a new addition to our household.  A treadmill.  I've wanted one for a while, but would vacillate back and forth, convincing myself over and over again that I can just go to the gym and run or that I can withstand running in 26 degrees. I am a fairly new consistent runner now, but, actually, I jog. I still consider myself a runner, though.

So, we bought a Nordic Track 1/2 price with all the bells and whistles.  It even has the iFit card slot.  Now I need to decide whether I get the Jillian Michaels' iFit card and get my butt kicked or buy a less butt kicking card. I'm planning on venturing out today to buy one. We had about an inch of snow yesterday, but the roads should be fine. It was so cool being able to run inside while the snow was falling.  What a hassle it was getting it in the door though.  My husband and our next door neighbor brought it in, but what a struggle. It looks a lot bigger in a 10x10 room.

My goal is to be ready for the Shamrock 8K on March 20.  I have 6 weeks, so I'll be fine.  I ran 5K yesterday on the treadmill.  I'm hoping to still find nice weekend days that I can run outside though.

The really good thing about running is that right now I'm wearing a workout set that was a little snug when I bought it in 2001. It's loose and really comfy and to think I almost Goodwilled it!  I guess you say that I'm skinny again.  I'm not really eating any differently, but I usually eat healthy and not too many desserts.  I attribute the weight loss to running.  Right now though, I need lunch.  My tummy is growling.

No comments: