Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More snow today. It looked like a blizzard outside my office. It was blowing sideways. It was cool. It didn't last that long and by the time I left work at 5pm, it was mostly melted.

I didn't get to my iFit workout.  I didn't sleep well last night.  At 3am I took a Sleep M.D....then I slept. After work I had a massage, so I'm spent.  I don't think I'll blog much tonight.

So, I was thinking about the latest Toyota recalls. Back in 1988 or 1989, my ex and I owned a rust colored 1980 (give or take a year) VW Vanagon. It was air cooled and we had to constantly put oil in it when it started clanking. One day, I was driving on the Ventura Fwy in the San Fernando Valley with my two young sons. We were in the fast lane going about 65 mph. All of a sudden the gas peddle dropped from my foot to the floor increasing my speed at an alarming rate. I was scared, but I kept my cool. All that I could think to do was to reach my left foot under the peddle to pull it up to slow my speed. Then I was able to reach down with my hand and located the rod that rests up against the back of the foot peddle and set it back in place. I did this while keeping my eyes on the road. I wonder if VW ever had a recall on that vehicle. We were very lucky, but I really didn't think too much about it..until these recent recalls and publicized deaths caused by the Toyota gas peddle problem.

Maybe the Toyota gas peddle can't be pulled up once it drops to the floor. It makes me wonder if anyone tried that.

Time for sleep...think I'll take a sleep aid...maybe a Tylenol PM...

No comments: