Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Whole 30 Day 10 -- first recipe I didn't like...at all.

Today is day 10 and I woke up with the same hip pain that I thought was gone after the 2nd day of of this journey. 

Yesterday's breakfast was organic, non-nitrate Italian sausage with 2 eggs...yummy! My husband opted for his cereal and after I sat down with my dish, he said, "Hey, that's cheating!  That looks good!"  I gave him a taste.  This morning, he said yes when I offered to cook him some.  Any yes, he enjoyed it.  

Back to yesterday...
Lunch was rushed, and was an Apple with a homemade spread that I made in my Magic Bullet.  I threw in some almonds, sesame seeds and coconut.    

Dinner was a beef stew.  I had to put in some sort of white, so I asked Siri to search the web about turnips and Whole 30 and read that it was a vegetable that was approved in a few blogs.  My stew had beef, turnips, carrots, onions and garlic.  It was yummy!  My husband loved it too.

While the stew was cooking in the pressure cooker, I made a breakfast dish that I'd found at the start of my journey, Whole30 Pumpkin Breakfast Pudding.  The ingredients were coconut milk, can of mashed pumpkin, banana, cinnamon and salt; baked at 350 after being sprinkled with almond meal and coconut oil mixture.  One word....yuk!  I tried to like it, I really did!  I even sprinkled some raw coconut on it for some flavor, but that didn't help.

I bought the pumpkin at Whole Foods in two smaller cans of the same type of pumpkin.  Strangely, one can was packed and dryer while the other was slushy and wet. I used them both anyway since they smelled okay.  Later, after having a cup of the pudding, I had sharp stomach pains.  This morning, said pudding went down the garbage disposal.  First, because of the yuk factor and secondly, because it may have been the cause of my stomach distress.  

Aside of the stomach issues at bedtime, I woke up with hip and lower back pain.  Turnips?  Not sure.  We are having the leftovers for lunch today, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Maybe the pains were referred stomach distress pain.  

 


No comments: