Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week Eight -- Training for the Shamrock Half Marathon

This week I missed my Monday training run.  My husband and I did a night run on Wednesday.  That run started off with the voice in my head saying, "I'll just run 2 miles...it's better than nothing." I was worried that my lunch of filet mignon would impede my run, but by the time I got to 2 miles, though, I was ready to continue on.  My run felt really good too.  I ran 4 miles outside and another mile on the treadmill.  It was nice to run with my husband.  He's catching up to me, but doesn't realize it yet.  He didn't run all 4 miles with me, but a lot of it.


My second run was 3 miles on the treadmill on Thursday and I rested on Friday.


After last week's freezing 21 degrees with a 13 degree wind chill, today's weather made for much better running conditions for the 15K Distance Series long run.  I don't have my time yet, but my music was at 1:45 for the 9.3 miles...about an 11 minute mile.  I ran the whole way, which was my goal.


Next week it's 3, 5, 3 and 10 miles....


Ok, results are in....I did 1:45:53...and I came in second to the last in my age group, but I'd be in the middle of the group of 20 of the 30-39 year olds! There were only 7 in my group and the top was 1:33:14, but the others above me were 2-5 minutes faster than me and the last time was 2:14. I did do an 11 minute mile. Not too bad after a lousy night's sleep...

No comments: