Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week Seven -- Training for the Shamrock Half Marathon

Week Seven mileage:  16 miles.

Monday's run was 3 miles.  I had a nice run.  It wasn't too cold either.  Since my husband and I started to rearrange the den last weekend, the treadmill is set up with a TV to watch.  We still have lots of stuff to clear out for a garage sale, but waiting for a balmy 45 degree weekend to have one.  The TV does help with the boring treadmill run and I ran 3 miles watching Dirty Dancing Wednesday evening.  On Thursday, my husband and I went for a nice two mile night run at around 7pm.  I do enjoy running with Mike.  It wasn't too cold either.

Today's long run was at the Oceanfront; 21 degrees with a 13 degree wind chill.  I am so happy I joined up with J & A Racing to train for the half.  If I hadn't, I know I would have found some excuse not to run this morning.  We were scheduled to run 9 miles, but the course that we took was only 8 miles.  But with the cold and the wind, it was probably just like running 9 miles in better conditions. This time I had a running buddy and we kept each other going and ran the whole way.  I ran a 10 minute mile, which is really good for me.

When I got home, rather than jumping in the shower as I usually do, I got into the hot tub.  I don't know why I don't do that more often.  It felt great!  The only part that I didn't like much was getting out and closing the lid....brrrr!

Next week is a Distance Run Series run.  I'm doing the 15K, which is 9.3 miles.  The course is trail running, which is very picturesque and fun.  I'm not sure who from my group is doing the run since it's optional, but I'm hoping to be able to run with company.

Why do I run?
...because I refuse to let my age define me....
...because I refuse to think that because I'm over 50, I can let myself go and blame it on my age...
...to be an inspiration to others
...to feel good about myself
...and to look good for my husband.

till next time...

No comments: