Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Third Week of Training

My third week of training was one run short.  I ran 3 miles outside on Tuesday afternoon and 2 miles on the Treadmill on Wednesday.  


On Christmas night the snow started falling and continues still.  It's Sunday evening now.  This was my first white Christmas, even though the snow didn't start to fall until nighttime.  It was very cool.  Today, my husband and I ventured out around noon time and had a run in the snow.  We ran 2 miles together and since I needed to get in my long run, I continued on for another 3 miles.  It was really beautiful out.  It was cold, but we were both warmed up fast. 


As I continued on my own, I half stepped on a curb and almost twisted my ankle.  Since it didn't twist too much and I walked it off.  After a step or two, I fell to my knees and all I could do was giggle.  I do that a lot when it snows. Giggle that is...not fall.  I'm such a California girl. My ankle was fine, though, and I continued my run. The 5 miles felt really good too.  My long run training was cancelled due to the road conditions.  I'm so glad I was able to get in my long run anyway.


Breakfast before our run was a latte, banana, black berries and blueberries.  Didn't seem to need much to have good running energy.


I'm very glad that we ran when we did.  It got way colder as the day move on.


Till next time....happy running!

3 comments:

DeLunaLore said...

I ran in track but mostly only the 50 and 100 yard dashes. the best I do distance wise is a mile. I think it's great to go the distance.

Unknown said...

All it takes is training... :-)

DeLunaLore said...

and lots of leg stretches. Happy New Year!