Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week Ten -- Training for the Shamrock Half Marathon

This week, again, was missing one training run.  I ran 3 miles on Monday at lunch time. It was a nice day and a good run.  On Wednesdays, my Mike (hubby) and I started taking ballroom dancing and I was planning on running on the treadmill when we got home, but I instead succumbed to the tiredness that I was feeling. On Thursday, Mike and I took a night run together. Two miles around the lake and then I did another mile on the treadmill.  It was only a little icy in spots, but we didn't have a fall.  My training schedule was supposed to be 3/4/3.  I missed the 4 mile run.  I'm hoping to not miss a run next week though.  I'm scheduled for 4/5/3 mile runs along with the Saturday long run of 20K, which is 12.4.  This run is another Distance Series event with the Tidewater Striders .  This is their last before the half marathon.

Today I ran the Virginia is For Lovers 14K (just under 9 miles).  I was happy that Judy, one of my running buddies from my training group, ran the race with me.  We kept each other going.  We ran it all too and I think we finished at a good time according to Judy's watch, but the times have not been posted as of this posting.  I ran to my husband's RUN playlist and I so, so need to get that playlist from him.  Great to run to.  I've not heard of many of the songs, but they kept me going without the need to sing.  I'm not quite there yet...singing and running doesn't quite work for me.



After the last few long runs, I've been getting into the spa.  It really helps my leg muscles and my feet.  I used the bottom jets along the bottoms and tops of my feet.  Today spa soak was even nicer though because Mike joined me in the spa and massaged my feet and calves....nice!

Last week, I signed up for my next 1/2, The Virginia Beach Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon.  If I signed up now it's only $90 and I get a cool t-shirt.  Hey, it has waves on it ;-).   I am definitely going to join up with a training group for it.  I'm hoping that J & A Racing will do a training group, although I don't see them listed on the site.

Think I'll take a nap now...till next time...happy running!

1 comment:

DeLunaLore said...

Spa, oh that sounds so great. A massage, oh I can only dream!