Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Umbilical Hernia repair -- warning TMI... :-)

I was told it was a routine surgery, but it's surgery and there's recovery.  I've been in the recovery stage since Wednesday afternoon.  I finally took a shower today and that felt good!

My stomach is bloated and look about 5 months pregnant.  I've been drinking water since the pain pills dry me out, so clearing my bladder, which was mandatory in the first eight hours, was the easy part.  It's the other that I've yet to do that is the cause of the majority of my pain. My bloated belly is pulling on the super glued suture site.

On wednesday, I had a flat tummy and I'm looking forward to that flatness again.

I can't wait to go running too.  I was thinking I'd be running within a week! I guess I underestimated what surgery is all about and definitely overestimated my tolerance to pain.  My husband got me to take a short walk last night. We walked to the corner and back....very slowly.  I was in my nightgown, long winter coat and uggs.  I needed that.

I'm not sure at this point what my belly button will look like once the swelling goes down.  I had an inny/outy.  It was in, but you could see the belly button.  Time will tell.

Yeah...I know... TMI, but at least I didn't post a picture of my belly...

No comments: