Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

surgery---done

On Wednesday, I had surgery. Umbilical hernia repair. I'm still on pain medicine. I'm very sore still on day 3. My belly button looks weird right now. What used to be an inny, looks like an outy. I'm hoping that it gets back to normal. 


I have a high pain tolerance, but this trait is not helping me right now.  


This was the first time I was 'cut.'  I had oral surgery for my wisdom teeth, but that was a twilight sleep, not general anesthesia.  The 'cut' is barely an inch.  The worst part is that I'm bloated and can't seem to do anything about it. I'm eating and drinking, but still nothing. I even drank some Slimming Tea to help in that department, but I'm not even flatulent...no urge at all.  


I called my doctor's office...found out that this is perfectly normal.  His nurse suggested a stool softener...Milk of Magnesia.  Pretty soon, something has to give.  I think that the incision is hurting more because of how bloated I am.  


Anyway...In a few days, I should be back to normal.  I can't run for a week or two.  I can walk though and I'm planning a trip to the corner and back with my doggie.  


That's all for now...

No comments: