Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The accidental Black Friday shopper....

Yesterday was Black Friday and I did do some shopping.  I only purchased one Black Friday item, though.  


After my one BF purchase, I needed to purchase some mineral foundation powder. I'd heard about Clinique's new mineral foundation and found it intriguing. Rather than power, as you turn the wheel, a fresh top layer is shaved up through the slots....powder. The brush is really only useful around the eyes, though.
Since it was early, there was no one at the Clinique counter yet.  I had a half hour to wait, so I meandered around the store and found a few things to try on just to kill time. I've been wanting to buy some tunic type outfits to blend into my wardrobe and have tried this in the past without success. This day I was successful and purchased two tunics and some cable knit type leggings. Then, I found and purchased my mineral foundation and went home.

When I returned home, I turned on the TV and started watching the marathon of What Not to Wear.  After seeing a few of the transformations, I decided that my hair needed a color lift and off I went to the beauty supply store.  I parked near the shoe store, as I needed a new black pair of shoes to replace my pointy short boots.  No luck with that, so I walked into TJ Max to look at their shoes as well.  With my head still filled with the What Not to Wear transformations, I was thinking about my wardrobe and shopped around to add to my new tunic style I'd started shaping that morning.

I usually only find one or two items of value when I've shopped at TJ Max, but they must have received a big shipment because I had to force myself to the register before I spent too much. I did end up with a pair of black flats (no short boots for me...yet), but I found some really cute clothes to enhance my wardrobe. 

Next step is to go through my closet and remove the clothes that I haven't worn in years. That will be hard though...really hard.  In the past, what I did was bag up these clothes and put the bag in the garage. If I've not missed the clothes for 6-8 months (yes, that long), then I give them away without another look in the bags.  Two Spings ago, I vacuum bagged my winter stuff.  Last winter I pulled only one sweater out. I'm thinking those are the first to be bagged.  I asked my husband to help me decide, but I told him that I plan on at least removing half of my current wardrobe.  We'll see how that goes, though, as parting is such sweet sorrow.  The thing is, my mornings will be so much simpler with less clothes in the closet that I never wear.  I'll find things easier.  

To me this will lessen any morning stress....and I'm all about that!

4 comments:

DeLunaLore said...

Wow, you had a big shoping day. Black friday kind of past me by leaving only a brief echoe in the distance.I've been slammed with upgrading my computer.

Unknown said...

Black Friday and I ended up mostly shopping at TJ Max. I really wanted to stay away from the shoppers.

SSQuo said...

How do you do throw out the bag without so much of a peek?? I cherish the moments when I find something I havent worn, and decide to wear it out that night for dinner!

But youre right, I should be giving up more, I did a lot of that when I moved from NY to London, and Im trying to be better, if I buy soemthing, gonna try to give something away. Point is tho, I should stop 'buying'. :)

Unknown said...

Sad to say, I have yet to strip out my closet. I will though. I need to be in that mood. I have been there before and can fill 3-4 bags. I need to do it...and soon.