Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Wicked 10K

I just ran my 2nd 10K.  My first was last Sunday (Run Like a Girl 10K).  Today I ran 6 minutes faster with a time of 1 hour, 6 minutes and 50 seconds. Last week was a trail run, though.  I am really pleased with my time today.  


I dressed up too.  Most of the runners were in costume.  I was a misunderstood witch.
My face was greenish.  I did start out with sleeves and gloves, but by the 3 mile mark, they were shed and handed to be hubby as he attempted to quickly take a picture (he missed getting me in the picture). This picture is post race.  My husband was waiting at the last turn for me as I crossed the finish line a mile away.  I seem to surprise him with each race time...but that's a good thing because I'm improving with each race.


I signed up for my next race, but I double booked myself and won't be doing it...oh well.  My next race is Virginia is for Lovers 14K in February.  


All in all...a fun successful day in Virginia...oh and beautiful weather!!!

1 comment:

DeLunaLore said...

Wow, this is a great pic. I've never seen a Halloween race before; the whole idea just seems exciting!