Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Six Mile Run...
The farthest I've run is in an 8K earlier this year. I find myself not looking forward to the six mile run that I have scheduled in my training. It was scheduled for this morning, but because I missed a run this week and ran Monday and yesterday, running 6 miles today didn't seem like a good idea. I've pushed it out to tomorrow and hopefully the thunder showers that were expected today, will not push out to tomorrow also. That would mean 6 miles on the treadmill, which would be very boring! I need a nice small flat screen TV on the wall in front of my treadmill. I wonder if there are running DVDs that have nice outside scenery that I would see on a country or city run. That would be cool. I have talked about wanting a small flat screen just for this purpose and my birthday is on Wednesday, so we'll see.

I'm hoping once I push through this 6 miles, that I'll see that it's not as bad as I'm anticipating. It would be nice to be on a more scenic run, so I'm thinking that I'll run to the beach like last weekend. That's 5 miles, then I'll run a mile along the beach. Maybe with the ocean view during the sixth mile, I won't think about how I've never run more than 5 miles before.

I just need to push through.


No comments: