Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Today's training run...
This morning there was no argument.  This morning, I just slept through my run. Guess I needed the sleep.  When I got home, my buyers remorse due to a treadmill purchase just at the end of Winter, has finally passed.  I did my 3 mile training run with nice AC, a ceiling fan and the fan on the treadmill, while outside it was 96 degrees combined with high humidity.  I wasn't about to run outside when my Weather Bug put out a Heat Advisory.

One more run for this week's training on Saturday.  I'm thinking the beach.  I'll be there for Hands Across the Sand, so maybe a nice 4 mile run, then a dip in the ocean, then get in line and hold hands.

"Hands Across the Sand is a movement made of people of all walks of life and crosses political affiliations. This movement is not about politics; it is about protection of our coastal economies, oceans, marine wildlife, and fishing industry.  Let us share our knowledge, energies and passion for protecting all of the above from the devastating effects of oil drilling." 

http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/

Your beach has it too...
  • Go to your beach on June 26 at 11 AM in your time zone.
  • Form lines in the sand and at 12:00, join hands.
The image is powerful, the message is simple.  NO to Offshore Oil Drilling, YES to Clean Energy.

No comments: