Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 1 training...

I ran Monday morning after arguing with myself...."Get up!"..."Sleep in"...."Get up and run!"...."I don't wanna!"..."Get up!"..."Ok...ok...I'm not sleeping anyway.  You won't let me sleep!"  So, I got up and ran just under my goal of 3 miles.  Just under because I thought my route was 3 miles and it was 2.88.  I came home and logged in my training book and saw that my next run goal was 5 miles.  I psyched myself up for a five mile run today and had the same argument with myself.  I won the argument and ran just about 4 miles, under my 5 mile goal.  I came home a little disappointed that I had not gotten up earlier so that I could keep to my 5 mile goal and get to work on time.  When I went to log my run, I noticed that I'd logged my Monday run in week 5!!  Today's run was only supposed to be 3 miles!  I did feel better, but I would have enjoyed my run more knowing it was only to be an easy 3 mile run.  I run again tomorrow...another 3 mile run and then Saturday, a 4 mile run.  That will complete my week 1 of my 1/2 marathon training.

No comments: