Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

This is my first hurricane. I'm not sure what to expect. The center is coming soon. There's been wind and rain all day. I don't know what to expect once it really moves over us. Right now it's like a Tropical Storm, which is what the last hurricanes have become before blowing through here. I've only lived on the East Coast for 4 1/2 years, so all this is new to me.

I was sort of excited about the hurricane. I know...I know....really??? How can I be excited about a hurricane. It has already caused 5 deaths here in Virginia! It's downgraded down from a category 3 to a 2...I'm not sure what it's at now. It seems to change minute by minute.

It's my husband's 50th birthday too. I hurriedly baked a cake from scratch thinking that the power would go out. It didn't. We have already had our cake and he opened gifts. Now it's time to cook dinner. Seems like a normal day other than we can't venture outside.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!

DeLunaLore said...

Looks like I'm late coming around. I'm glad the storms are over (close my mouth). Watch us get one now. Anyway the new hair cut looks like a big change. Just cut mine off too, it's shoulder length now. (mental tapes rolling "don't worry it'll grow back" ...lol). Of course, this happens every time I get it cut above bra harness length. I'm really not kidding.