Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I have made a couple of goals...fitness goals.  One is to run the Shamrock 8K on March 20 of this year and the other is to get my shoulder back to 100%.  My steps to obtain these goal will be running on the treadmill 4-5 times a week.  I'm using ifit.  I'm on the 3rd workout. It kick my ass every time and I was running outside 3-4 miles before the cold set in. The ifit sets the speed and incline. She had me at 5.9 mph with an 6.0 incline.  It was only for a minute at a time, but that was really enough. I know that I will get stronger with each workout. If I'm home when it's light and warmer (50 is nice), I'll get outside for a run.

I took 2 rounds of physical therapy and 2 cortisone shots for my shoulder and the next step is surgery...that I do not want. I am going to do my exercises if not daily, then every other day. Today, it actually feels better, so I know my plan of attack will work to keep me from surgery.

These are not New Year's resolutions, just two things that I have to do....

No comments: